SCUBA DIVING & FREEDIVING BOOKINGS
THE AVAILABLE BUDDY PAIRS CHART IS UP TO DATE
PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP
WITHOUT BOOKING, OR BOTH BUDDIES RENEWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP. THANKS.
We are receiving a huge volume of calls to our centres, so please don’t call us on 01827 281304 unless you have a query which can’t be answered from the information on this web page, and definitely don’t email us. The best times to call are between 15 minutes past the hour, and 15 minutes to the hour during the opening hours on the availability chart below.
TOP 12 TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT TO DOSTHILL QUARRY DURING COVID-19
1. ARRIVE-DIVE-DRIVE. During Covid-19 Dosthill Quarry is only open for diving, not for socialising. So please adhere to our ARRIVE-DIVE-DRIVE policy. Thank you.
MEMBERSHIP ESSENTIAL. All divers have to be a registered dive member at Dosthill Quarry. If you are not registered, please register now for £20 at https://www.divedozzi.com/dive-dozzi/registration/ before completing the booking form below. Previous registrations must be in date, so if your annual membership has expired then you can renew it for £12 at https://www.divedozzi.com/dive-dozzi/membership-renewal/. There is no facility at Dosthill Quarry for registering or renewing on site.
2. COVID SYMPTOMS. Stay at home if you, or someone you live with, have any of the following symptoms.
A high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back. You do not need to measure your temperature. A new, continuous cough means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual.
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
3. WATCH THIS VIDEO! Click this link to watch the Covid Dive Video Briefing, created recently at Gildenburgh Water but relevant to Dozzi, before you arrive, to save valuable dive time having to attend an on-site briefing.
4. AVAILABILITY. Check dive availability on the chart below. Then book your 2 or 4 hour dive session on the form below the chart. During the BETA-testing of our Covid-19-Secure procedure we have limited diver numbers to 12/07/2020 between 08:00 & 18:00 to 10 buddy pairs per 2-hour dive session, and at 18:00 to 15 pairs per 2 hour session. From 13/07/2020 availability increases to 15 pairs per 2-hour session. Subsequent weeks will be made available based on BETA feedback, and the number of buddy pairs may be further increased based on the success of the BETA testing, and further relaxation of the Government’s Covid restrictions.
BOOKING FORM. One of the buddy team must book separately, in their own name, and must also state the name & current membership number of their dive buddy. An under 18 diver who is being driven to Dosthill Quarry by a non-diving parent, must also state the name of that parent. This robust Covid-Secure policy provides us, and the authorities, with essential “track & trace” information in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak among our divers.
5. STAY UPDATED. Check this website’s home page at https://divedozzi.com/, and this Dive Session Bookings page before every visit to stay updated with current fast-changing conditions, special arrangements, and last-minute dive availability.
6. GLOVES PROTECTION. Bring diving gloves with you to protect you from Covid-19 infection from our communal surfaces e.g. toilets and entry handrails. Don your gloves before you touch the handrails or any other communal surfaces e.g. portaloos. Ensure you don’t touch your face with gloved hands after contact with communal surfaces. Do not touch your buddy’s equipment before, during or after buddy checks.
7. SATNAV POST CODE & CAR SHARING. Car share ONLY with Dozzi-renewed divers in your household. Do not bring spectators, or invite them to come separately. Best SatNav postcode is B77 1LU, Church Road. Drive past the church on your left, and turn left through our green gates.
8. CHANGING. Our changing rooms are not allowed to open during Covid, so ensure you park at least 2 metres away from the nearest car, so you can maintain social distancing between your car boot and the boot of adjacent cars in the car park, kit up, brief, conduct buddy checks & dekit from the boot of your car. Bring a towel robe or dressing gown with you to ensure your personal privacy while changing adjacent to the church graveyard.
9. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE. ARRIVE 30-40 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START TIME OF YOUR 2-HOUR DIVE SESSION TO CHECK IN & PAY, GET FILLS, BRIEF, KIT UP & COMPLETE BUDDY CHECKS. YOU WILL HAVE 30-40 MINUTES AFTER YOUR 2-HOUR DIVE SESSION TO DE-KIT, GET REFILLS, DEBRIEF, LOG THE DIVE(S) AND LEAVE.
10. PAYMENT. Pay by contactless card at Dozzi reception when you arrive for a single 2-hour dive session at £12 per diver, OR a 4-hour dive session at £14 per diver, OR a 2-hour, 5-dive session pass for £50 per diver OR a 4-hour, 5-dive session pass for £60 per diver AND for fills before & after the dive(s).
11. SOCIAL DISTANCING. The track from the car park to the lake, and the area around the entry points must be kept clear at all times. Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more between yourself, our staff & other non-household divers, at the surface, as well as on land. Waving to friends meets this recommendation, whereas handshakes, hugs or elbow bumps don’t. Adopt the rule of the road and pass others on the left while onsite.
12. TRAINING AGENCY PROCEDURES. Implement all recommended procedures of your training agency during briefings, equipment set up, kitting up, entries, skills, drills & general diving procedures during the dive, exits, de-kitting and debriefing. Dive site staff reserve the right to monitor this, impose social distancing of divers, or ask you to leave the site.
The chart below shows the number of spaces still available e.g. 7 means there are 7 buddy pairings left. 5.5 means there are 5 buddy pairings left + 1 diver if you opt to book a threesome.
Dive Session Available Buddy Pairs.Please read this booking description.
You can’t amend the chart yourself.
During the BETA-testing of our Covid-19-Secure procedure we have increased availability to 15 pairs per 2-hour session. Subsequent weeks will be made available based on BETA feedback, and the number of buddy pairs may be further increased based on the success of the BETA testing, and further relaxation of the Government's Covid restrictions.
With, or while in contact with your buddy, refresh this webpage and check your preferred date & time for availability on this chart. Note what day & time has available spaces that are convenient for you and complete the form below the chart to reserve a 2-hour buddy dive session.
Only call Dozzi on the number above, at the stated times, if you have a query which can't be answered from the information on this webpage.
|Sunday 20/09/20||Dive Session|
|Monday 21/09/20||Tuesday 22/09/20||Wednesday 23/09/20||Thursday 24/09/20||Friday 25/09/20||Saturday 26/09/20||Sunday 27/09/20||Dive Session|
|Monday 28/09/20||Tuesday 29/09/20||Wednesday 30/09/20||Thursday 01/10/20||Friday 02/10/20||Saturday 03/10/20||Sunday 04/10/20||Dive Session