SCUBA DIVING & FREEDIVING BOOKINGS
THE AVAILABLE BUDDY PAIRS CHART IS UP TO DATE
PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP
WITHOUT BOOKING, OR BOTH BUDDIES RENEWING THEIR MEMBERSHIP. THANKS.
Government Restrictions Eased from Monday 29 March 2021
Our review of the Government’s new restrictions confirms that
DOSTHILL QUARRY CAN RE-OPEN
(subject to any further Government updates)
and here is our summary for your information as our
Covid-Secure Safe Seven Steps
- The Government has permitted outdoor sports facilities to re-open as part of Step 1 lockdown relaxation (phase 2) on 29 March!
- Outdoor physical activity can continue, so you can travel to Dosthill Quarry for diving, but you should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible. As a diver you are equipped with great PPE equipment, so maintain social distancing until you are fully kitted, wearing your mask with your reg in your mouth, before you zip up drysuits and do buddy checks. Viral transmission is still possible outdoors, but it is very unlikely when you & your buddy are protected by dive gear.
- You must not meet socially with anybody you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble, and you must not socialise in a group of more than 6. This is called the ‘rule of 6’.
- Our cafe caravan is permitted to continue takeaway sales, so you can get hot & cold drinks, chocbars, crisps & simple snacks like sausage sandwiches & hot soup to eat outdoors on site while maintaining social distancing, or in your car on the way home.
- Ensure you stay 1 metre apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble, when you are outdoors with unlimited ventilation, although 2 metres is still preferable where possible.
- Non-essential retail is closed until Step 2 of the lockdown easing, so if you need anything from the shop it on a “collect outside” basis.
- You must not travel if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms, are sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
Staying at home for a prolonged period can be difficult,
so it is important that you maintain your mental & physical wellbeing by diving in stress-relieving open water, staying healthy, and thereby reducing the load of sick patients on the NHS!!
TOP 12 TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT TO DOSTHILL QUARRY DURING COVID-19
1. ARRIVE-DIVE-DRIVE. During Covid-19 Dosthill Quarry is only open for diving, not for socialising. So please adhere to our ARRIVE-DIVE-DRIVE policy. Thank you.
MEMBERSHIP ESSENTIAL. All divers have to be a registered dive member at Dosthill Quarry. If you are not registered, please register now for £20 at https://www.divedozzi.com/dive-dozzi/registration/ before completing the booking form below. Previous registrations must be in date, so if your annual membership has expired then you can renew it for £12 at https://www.divedozzi.com/dive-dozzi/membership-renewal/. There is no facility at Dosthill Quarry for registering or renewing on site.
2. COVID SYMPTOMS. Stay at home if you, or someone you live with, have any of the following symptoms.
A high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back. You do not need to measure your temperature. A new, continuous cough means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual.
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
3. WATCH THIS VIDEO! Click this link to watch the Covid Dive Video Briefing, created recently at Gildenburgh Water but relevant to Dozzi, before you arrive, to save valuable dive time having to attend an on-site briefing.
4. AVAILABILITY. Check dive availability on the chart below. Then book your 1, 2, 3 or 4 hour dive session on the form below the chart. During Covid we have limited diver numbers to 15 buddy pairs per dive session.
BOOKING FORM. One of the buddy team must book separately, in their own name, and must also state the name & current membership number of their dive buddy. An under 18 diver who is being driven to Dosthill Quarry by a non-diving parent, must also state the name of that parent. This robust Covid-Secure policy provides us, and the authorities, with essential “track & trace” information in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak among our divers.
5. STAY UPDATED. Check this website’s home page at https://divedozzi.com/, and this Dive Session Bookings page before every visit to stay updated with current fast-changing conditions, special arrangements, and last-minute dive availability.
6. GLOVES PROTECTION. Bring diving gloves with you to protect you from Covid-19 infection from our communal surfaces e.g. toilets and entry handrails. Don your gloves before you touch the handrails or any other communal surfaces e.g. portaloos. Ensure you don’t touch your face with gloved hands after contact with communal surfaces. Do not touch your buddy’s equipment before, during or after buddy checks.
7. SATNAV POST CODE & CAR SHARING. Car share ONLY with Dozzi-renewed divers in your household. Do not bring spectators, or invite them to come separately. Best SatNav postcode is B77 1LU, Church Road. Drive past the church on your left, and turn left through our green gates.
8. CHANGING. Our changing rooms are not allowed to open during Covid, so ensure you park at least 2 metres away from the nearest car, so you can maintain social distancing between your car boot and the boot of adjacent cars in the car park, kit up, brief, conduct buddy checks & dekit from the boot of your car. Bring a towel robe or dressing gown with you to ensure your personal privacy while changing adjacent to the church graveyard.
9. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE. ARRIVE 30-40 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START TIME OF YOUR DIVE SESSION TO CHECK IN & PAY, GET FILLS, BRIEF, KIT UP & COMPLETE BUDDY CHECKS. YOU WILL HAVE 30-40 MINUTES AFTER YOUR DIVE SESSION TO DE-KIT, GET REFILLS, DEBRIEF, LOG THE DIVE(S) AND LEAVE.
10. PAYMENT. Pay by contactless card at Dozzi reception when you arrive for your 1-2 hour dive session at £12 per diver, OR a 3-4 hour dive session at £14 per diver, OR a 1-2 hour, 5-dive session pass for £50 per diver OR a 3-4 hour, 5-dive session pass for £60 per diver AND for fills before & after the dive(s).
11. SOCIAL DISTANCING. The track from the car park to the lake, and the area around the entry points must be kept clear at all times. Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more between yourself, our staff & other non-household divers, at the surface, as well as on land. Waving to friends meets this recommendation, whereas handshakes, hugs or elbow bumps don’t. Adopt the rule of the road and pass others on the left while onsite.
12. TRAINING AGENCY PROCEDURES. Implement all recommended procedures of your training agency during briefings, equipment set up, kitting up, entries, skills, drills & general diving procedures during the dive, exits, de-kitting and debriefing. Dive site staff reserve the right to monitor this, impose social distancing of divers, or ask you to leave the site.
The chart below shows the number of spaces still available e.g. 7 means there are 7 buddy pairings left. 5.5 means there are 5 buddy pairings left + 1 diver if you opt to book a threesome.
Dive Session Available Buddy Pairs.Please read this booking description.
You can’t amend the chart yourself.
During the BETA-testing of our Covid-19-Secure procedure we have increased availability to 15 pairs per 2-hour session. Subsequent weeks will be made available based on BETA feedback, and the number of buddy pairs may be further increased based on the success of the BETA testing, and further relaxation of the Government's Covid restrictions.
With, or while in contact with your buddy, refresh this webpage and check your preferred date & time for availability on this chart. Note what day & time has available spaces that are convenient for you and complete the form below the chart to reserve a 2-hour buddy dive session.
Only call Dozzi on the number above, at the stated times, if you have a query which can't be answered from the information on this webpage.
|Sunday 09/05/21||Dive Session|
|Tuesday 11/05/21||Thursday 13/05/21||Friday 14/05/21||Saturday 15/05/21||Sunday 16/05/21||Dive Session|
|Tuesday 18/05/21||Thursday 20/05/21||Friday 21/05/21||Saturday 22/05/21||Sunday 23/05/21||Dive Session|
|Tuesday 25/05/21||Thursday 27/05/2021||Friday 28/05/2021||Saturday 29/05/2021||Sunday 30/05/2021||available times||TUESDAY 01/06/2021||THURSDAY 03/06/2021||FRIDAY 04/06/2021||SATURDAY 05/06/2021||SUNDAY 06/06/2021||AVAILABLE TIMES||TUESDAY 08/06/2021||WEDNESDAY 09/06/2021||THURSDAY 10/06/2021||FRIDAY 11/06/2021|