SCUBA DIVING & FREEDIVING BOOKINGS
THE CHART IS UP TO DATE
PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP
WITHOUT A RESERVATION. THANKS.
View availability for the next week on the available spaces chart below. We are checking & updating it every 10mins.
We are receiving a huge volume of calls to our centres, which we can only process by telephone, so ………
please don’t call us on 01733 351288 OR 01827 281304 unless you have a query which can’t be answered from the information on this webpage, and definitely don’t email us. The best times to call are between 10-20 minutes past the hour, and 20-10 minutes to the hour during the following hours:-
Monday to Friday 12:00-20:00 AND Saturday & Sunday 08:00-16:00
SURFACE WATER TEMPERATURE 20 DEGREES & RISING
TOP 12 TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT TO DOSTHILL QUARRY DURING COVID-19
1. ARRIVE-DIVE-DRIVE. During Covid-19 Dosthill Quarry is only open for diving, not for socialising. So please adhere to our ARRIVE DIVE DRIVE policy. Thank you.
2. COVID SYMPTOMS. Stay at home if you, or someone you live with, have any of the following symptoms.
A high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back. You do not need to measure your temperature. A new, continuous cough means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual.
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
3. WATCH THIS VIDEO! Click this link to watch the Covid Dive Video Briefing, created recently at Gildenburgh Water but relevant to Dozzi, before you arrive, to save valuable dive time having to attend an on-site briefing.
4. AVAILABILITY. Check dive availability on the chart below. Then book your 2 or 4 hour dive session on the form below the chart. During the BETA-testing of our Covid-19-Secure procedure we have limited diver numbers to 12/07/2020 between 08:00 & 18:00 to 10 buddy pairs per 2-hour dive session, and at 18:00 to 15 pairs per 2 hour session. From 13/07/2020 availability increases to 15 pairs per 2-hour session. Subsequent weeks will be made available based on BETA feedback, and the number of buddy pairs may be further increased based on the success of the BETA testing, and further relaxation of the Government’s Covid restrictions.
BOOKING FORM. One of the buddy team must book separately, in their own name, and must also state the name & current membership number of their dive buddy. An under 18 diver who is being driven to Dosthill Quarry by a non-diving parent, must also state the name of that parent. This robust Covid-Secure policy provides us, and the authorities, with essential “track & trace” information in the event of a Covid-19 outbreak among our divers.
5. STAY UPDATED. Check this website’s home page at http://divedozzi.com/, and this Dive Session Bookings page before every visit to stay updated with current fast-changing conditions, special arrangements, and last-minute dive availability.
6. GLOVES PROTECTION. Bring diving gloves with you to protect you from Covid-19 infection from our communal surfaces e.g. toilets and entry handrails. Don your gloves before you touch the handrails or any other communal surfaces e.g. portaloos. Ensure you don’t touch your face with gloved hands after contact with communal surfaces. Do not touch your buddy’s equipment before, during or after buddy checks.
7. SATNAV POST CODE & CAR SHARING. Car share ONLY with Dozzi-renewed divers in your household. Do not bring spectators, or invite them to come separately. Best SatNav postcode is B77 1LU, Church Road. Drive past the church on your left, and turn left through our green gates.
8. CHANGING. Our changing rooms are not allowed to open during Covid, so ensure you park at least 2 metres away from the nearest car, so you can maintain social distancing between your car boot and the boot of adjacent cars in the car park, kit up, brief, conduct buddy checks & dekit from the boot of your car. Bring a towel robe or dressing gown with you to ensure your personal privacy while changing adjacent to the church graveyard.
9. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE. ARRIVE 30-40 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START TIME OF YOUR 2-HOUR DIVE SESSION TO CHECK IN & PAY, GET FILLS, BRIEF, KIT UP & COMPLETE BUDDY CHECKS. YOU WILL HAVE 30-40 MINUTES AFTER YOUR 2-HOUR DIVE SESSION TO DE-KIT, GET REFILLS, DEBRIEF, LOG THE DIVE(S) AND LEAVE.
10. PAYMENT. Pay by contactless card at Dozzi reception when you arrive for a single 2-hour dive session at £12 per diver, OR a 4-hour dive session at £14 per diver, OR a 2-hour, 5-dive session pass for £50 per diver OR a 4-hour, 5-dive session pass for £60 per diver AND for fills before & after the dive(s).
11. SOCIAL DISTANCING. The track from the car park to the lake, and the area around the entry points must be kept clear at all times. Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more between yourself, our staff & other non-household divers, at the surface, as well as on land. Waving to friends meets this recommendation, whereas handshakes, hugs or elbow bumps don’t. Adopt the rule of the road and pass others on the left while onsite.
12. TRAINING AGENCY PROCEDURES. Implement all recommended procedures of your training agency during briefings, equipment set up, kitting up, entries, skills, drills & general diving procedures during the dive, exits, de-kitting and debriefing. Dive site staff reserve the right to monitor this, impose social distancing of divers, or ask you to leave the site.
The chart below shows the number of spaces still available e.g. 7 means there are 7 buddy pairings left. You can’t amend the chart yourself. During the BETA-testing of our Covid-19-Secure procedure we have limited diver numbers to 12/07/2020 between 08:00 & 18:00 to 10 buddy pairs per 2-hour dive session, and at 18:00 to 15 pairs per 2 hour session. From 13/07/2020 availability increases to 15 pairs per 2-hour session. Subsequent weeks will be made available based on BETA feedback, and the number of buddy pairs may be further increased based on the success of the BETA testing, and further relaxation of the Government's Covid restrictions.
Dive Session Available Buddy Pairs.Please read this booking description.
With, or while in contact with your buddy, refresh this webpage and check your preferred date & time for availability on this chart. Note what day & time has available spaces that are convenient for you and complete the form below the chart to reserve a 2-hour buddy dive session. Only call Dozzi on the number above, at the stated times, if you have a query which can't be answered from the information on this webpage.
|Tuesday 07/07/20||Wednesday 08/07/20||Dive Session|
|Thursday 09/07/20||Friday 10/07/20||Saturday 11/07/20||Sunday 12/07/20||Dive Session|
|Monday 13/07/20||Tuesday 14/07/20||Wednesday 15/07/20||Thursday 16/07/20||Friday 17/07/20||Saturday 18/07/20||Sunday 19/07/20||Dive Session|
|Monday 20/07/20||Tuesday 21/07/20||Wednesday 22/07/20||Thursday 23/07/20||Friday 24/07/20||Saturday 25/07/20||Sunday 26/07/20||Dive Session|
|Monday 27/07/20||Tuesday 28/07/20||Wednesday 29/07/20||Thursday 30/07/20||Friday 31/07/20||Saturday 01/08/20||Sunday 02/08/20||Dive Session