Below are the procedures for entry into Dosthill Quarry.
For Health and Safety and insurance purposes, Dosthill Quarry maintains a daily roster of all divers using the dive site.
Immediately upon arrival, you must check in for diving. No dive is to take place without the diver having checked in beforehand.
The following details will be required:
- MEM – Membership number
- NAME (PRINT) – Diver’s full name printed
- CERT – Diver’s qualification
- CLUB/BUDDY – Full name of buddy (if diving privately) or name of club/dive school (if a marshalled dive)
- EMAIL OR U – Email if changed since membership registration/renewal. Enter U for unchanged if it is the same as is on your membership card/renewal validation. Non-members are to enter email in the event that we need to contact you.
- PHONE OR U – Phone if changed since membership registration/renewal. Enter U for unchanged if it is the same as is on your membership card/renewal validation. Non-members are to enter phone number in the event that we need to contact you.
- TIME – Time of arrival
- M/NM/R – Payment of the appropriate dive fee (member or non-member) or registration
The checking in process is your own responsibility. Each diver must complete the signing-in form individually, clearly and legibly and pay their own dive fee. Dosthill Quarry staff will not accept divers signing anyone else in apart from themselves or paying for a “block” of unnamed divers. Dive schools wishing to use Dosthill Quarry must clearly advise their students of the individual diver check-in and dive fee payment process.
Conditions of diving are clearly stated on the checking-in sheet. Please ensure that you read them and agree to them.
Dosthill Quarry management and staff reserve the right to check divers’ qualifications, so proof of diver qualification must always be brought to the dive site. Dozzi dive cards are helpful ID at this point.
Checking In Point
Dosthill management and staff may vary the checking in point, depending on the day and time, as well as the volume of divers.
Divers will be stopped at initial arrival point – at the gate.
If you visit Dosthill Quarry on a Saturday or Sunday, please ensure that you have qualifications and dive fees ready on arrival.
The car park checking-in procedure enables Dosthill staff to ensure that optimum use is made of the car park, in that cars are parked in the right slots, and that as many vehicles as possible are kept off the top road.
Once you have paid the dive fee and completed the checking in sheet to the staff member’s satisfaction, the staff member issues you with a car ticket which you must display on the dashboard of the vehicle while you are on site.
On midweek days, evenings or non-busy times:
If the gate is not manned, on arrival, and before getting changed for diving, you must report to Reception to check in and follow the correct signing-in procedure.
Dive Site Rules
Dive site rules are published on this website. Please ensure you are familiar with Dosthill site rules, and that you are willing to adhere to them.